Time: 12:00 PM PST
Enemy Reading: Fear the Fin
Los Angeles Kings
San Jose Sharks
Unnecessary Standings Update (as of April 11, 2015)
|Pacific Division Standings |
| Card Standings |
(top three seeds in Pacific Division, top two seeds in Wild Card qualify for playoffs)
- The Kings can still end their season with a win, just like they did last year. And I'm sure it will be exactly the same.
- The Sharks fanbase was really, really excited about LA's elimination from the playoffs on Thursday.
Another season, another accomplishment, another banner. Your 2014-2015 San Jose Sharks! pic.twitter.com/aSwlouw37u— Jewels frm the Crown (@JFTC_Kings) April 10, 2015
- THINGS YOU CAN STILL BE EXCITED ABOUT TODAY:
- Jordan Weal has been called up for his NHL debut! He'll be the first LA King and the 22nd NHL player ever to wear #60. Aside from Hart Trophy Winner Jose Theodore, #60 has primarily been worn by players who moved on to more conventional numbers later in their career.
- Beating the Sharks is still fun!
- Milestones? Jeff Carter needs two goals to crack 30 for the first time as a King. Trevor Lewis needs one to hit double digits for the first time. Kyle Clifford could match a career-high in goals, and Jordan Nolan could top his, if they play. So yeah, not a whole lot on the cards.
- White Pants!
- For the first time in quite a while, THE POINTS DON'T MATTER! So enjoy the relaxation instead of the disappointment! Giggle when Dustin Brown falls down! Give a knowing smile when Jarret Stoll takes an offensive zone penalty! Take pictures if Jonathan Quick breaks his stick in frustration!
- Oh right, we also still hate these guys, right? Sort of in a pitying way, but yes, we do. Especially after those scenes on Thursday. (glares at Fear the Fin)
- Across the league, both Pittsburgh and Boston have been put on the bubble by Ottawa's insane run. That would take some attention off of, um, us.
- Thanks for reading all season. PREDICTION: A lot of what ifs.