Time: 6:00 Pacific
TV: Fox Sports West, Fox Sports Arizona Plus
Enemy Reading: Five For Howling
Los Angeles Kings
Lucic - Kopitar - Toffoli
King - Carter - Brown
Gaborik - Lecavalier - Lewis
Andreoff - Shore - Pearson
(I will note that I remember reading that the 4th line would include Nolan and not Andreoff, but Jon Rosen's preview suggests otherwise.)
McNabb - Doughty
Muzzin - Martinez
Ehrhoff - Schenn
The last time I wrote about the Kings and Coyotes, these were the lines:
The only change from this is that they also have Max Domi and Anthony Duclair now.
- If you needed even more evidence that the Arizona Coyotes are not a real hockey team, they don't even have an All-Star Game representative this season.
- You cannot convince me that Klas Dahlbeck is a real hockey player and not a bumbling detective in a spoof about crime stories.
- More evidence that the Coyotes are fake: they have someone named Jordan Martinook. That is clearly a made-up name. They're not even trying at this point.
- Currently, Arizona is 2 points behind the Vancouver Canucks for a playoff spot. However, they have 3 games in hand. This is one of the saddest notes ever written about the Pacific Division.
- When I played hockey as a kid, there was a team that was infuriating to play against because they weren't very good but managed to score a lot of really random/fluky goals. Somehow, that team grew up and became the Arizona Coyotes. I don't remember skating against Mikkel Boedker, but I must have.
- The Kings enter this game on a tragic 1-game losing streak. Will they be able to stop the bleeding?
- Christian Ehrhoff is back tonight! This is exciting for like 14 people and the rest of you are probably shaking your heads. I'm rooting for you, buddy.
- I'm excited to watch Marian Gaborik skate alongside Vinny Lecavalier and Trevor Lewis. When Lewis was taken in the first round some years ago, I'm sure he and the Kings thought that playing on a line with those two players (or players of their caliber at the time) would be a regular thing. I don't imagine that anyone envisioned it coming about like this.
- Dustin Brown gets a promotion to a real scoring line! Exciting times for the captain. Dustin Brown against Phoenix/Arizona always turns into a hilarious mess one way or another. I hope he finds a way to devastate Shane Doan tonight.
Prediction: An anvil drops on Shane Doan's head, Kings win 6-1.