Scratched: Ehrhoff Injured: Clifford, Greene Suspended: Lucic
San Jose Sharks
Scratched: Tennyson, Zubrus Injured: None
Stats & Such
(Fancy stats courtesy War on Ice)
|Streak||Won 2||Lost 2
|Starting Goalie (today)||Jones||Quick|
- Phoenix-Los Angeles is a matchup of mutual dislike, but this thing is a rivalry, and the best between teams from non-traditional markets in the NHL. Given that the Eastern division leaders are from Florida and Washington, and given that there are zero Canadian teams in a playoff position right now, maybe that means it's the best rivalry in the NHL? Just think about it, that's all.
- One player that elevates tensions with his mere presence will be missing, though, as Milan Lucic was suspended for tonight's game. Recall that his previous brush with the Department of Player Safety was after he went after Logan Couture at the end of Opening Night.
- Martin Jones: Still being outplayed over the course of the season by Jonathan Quick, but January has been a very good month for him after a subpar November and an even worse December. He's got a six-game winning streak going.
- Brent Burns is the Sharks' All-Star representative. He has more points than any King.
- No call-up for Michael Mersch to replace Lucic, so it'll be Jordan Nolan getting a shift tonight.
- The All-Star Break is really close! This is the end of a grueling stretch for the Kings, who will be thrilled to take two points from a team which is closing in on them in the Pacific. Double-digit leads were nice, let's get one of those again.