Ontario will take on Stockton, San Diego and Manitoba this weekend and 2/3 fit the ocean theme so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Ontario Reign @ Stockton Heat (Wednesday) / Ontario Reign @ San Diego Gulls (Friday) / Manitoba Moose @ Ontario Reign (Saturday)
Days: Wednesday (Stockton Arena), Friday (Valley View Casino Center), and Saturday (CBBA)
Times: 7:30 p.m. Pacific (Wednesday), 7:05 p.m. (Friday), 6 p.m. (Saturday)
Watch: AHL Live
Ontario Reign Lines
27 Mersch - 26 Dowd - 7 Zykov
9 Kempe - 11 Newbury - 16 Backman
13 Clifford - 21 Crescenzi - 39 Auger
15 Bissonnette - 24 Horvat - 12 Brodzinski
20 MacDermid - 5 LoVerde
3 Forbort - 4 Gravel
55 Schultz - 33 Raine
- Despite a few setbacks, the Reign remain comfortably in first place in their division.
- Peter Budaj is the projected starter again. In other news, water is wet.
- Sean Backman was named to the Pacific Division All-Stars for the 2016 AHL All-Star Classic this weekend in Syracuse, New York.
- Kris Newbury returns to the lineup against San Diego between Adrian Kempe and Backman.
- Also, Kyle Clifford joins the Reign this weekend on a conditioning assignment!
- Much like their parent clubs, the Reign have largely controlled play versus the Gulls only to see their team shooting percentage crater against their rivals and lose most games. The Reign aim to change that narrative in their sixth try.
- The Reign celebrate the 9th Annual Fire and Ice game, the annual Ontario Fire Department charity hockey game and chili cook-off, on Saturday, January 30 at 6:00 p.m. against the Manitoba Moose when they return to Citizens Business Bank Arena.
San Diego Gulls Lines
Stockton Heat Lines
18 Klimchuk - 27 Grant - 21 Poirier
15 Agostino - 11 Hamilton - 9 Hathaway
48 Van Brabant - 23 Shore - 34 Smith
25 Riley - 13 Elson - 20 Carroll
45 Johnson - 2 Kulak
4 Kylington - 10 Sieloff
5 Wotherspoon - 33 Nakladal
- The Heat are winners of their past three games and have also won their last five home games.
- The Heat are 1-4-0 vs the Reign and often times I get them confused with their parent club because the playing styles are so similar. For obvious reasons.
- Drew Shore has returned from injury but is pointless in his past five games, despite his net front presence and three points in two games upon returning to the ice.
Stockton: 16-16-1-2, 35 points (6th Pacific Division, 12th Western Conference)
Ontario vs. Stockton, Head-to-Head in 2015-16
Ontario vs. San Diego, Head-to-Head in 2015-16