The Pacific Division proved beyond a shadow of doubt that it is indeed the best division in the NHL with a win over Team Central.
- Jonathan Quick stopped all 10 shots he faced in the first period, no mean feat in the All-Star game. Unfortunately, Roberto Luongo matched him save for save, and the teams went into the break tied at 0.
- The first period lacked for scoring but not entertainment, as the chances continued to come and the 3-on-3 format continued to be a revelation. Particularly great was this Quick save on Jaromir Jagr.
- Team Pacific's first goal came not from John Scott but from Corey Perry, much to the internet's disappointment. Daniel Sedin made a nice pass to set it up.
- Corey Perry (not John Scott) scored the second Pacific goal, too. But then the NHL took it away on goalie interference. Replay review at the All-Star game? I'm all in favor of taking away Corey Perry goals, but still. Terrible.
- The NHL gave the MVP to John Scott, which was undoubtedly the right thing to do. A satisfying ending to the best NHL All-Star game I can remember.
- The Corsis: