Scratched: Weal, Forbort Injured: Carter, Clifford, Greene
Stats & Such
(Fancy stats courtesy War on Ice)
|ES Goal %||53.5||50.0
ES Shot %
|ES Corsi %||56.0
|ES Fenwick %||55.5||45.6
|ES Scoring Chance %||55.4||44.5
|ES High-Danger SC %||52.8
|Power Play % (Rank)||20.2 (9th)
|Penalty Kill % (Rank)||83.2 (7th)
|Starting Goalie (tonight)||Enroth||Varlamov|
|ES Save %||.944
- The Avalanche are a terrible team, yet sit eighth in the Western Conference largely due to the Pacific Division being a complete turd.
- Before Christmas, they were on a six-game winning streak. I have no idea where they are now.
- They lost badly to the Flames, though! There is that...
- Jarome Iginla is one goal shy of 600. He's #1 on the Kings Killer list so it seems inevitable that he'll score tonight.
- The Kings are on a five-game winning streak and have largely held their annual winter blues at bay by posting a .500 or better December record for only the 10th time in franchise history.
- After giving up eight goals during this 5-game win streak, Jonathan Quick will get a well-earned rest tonight.
- Let's hope Jhonas Enroth hasn't quite returned to earth and he can stop the Avs' best (and worst) shooters.