Here is a comprehensive list of teams with a worse points percentage on the road than the Los Angeles Kings:
New York Islanders
St. Louis Blues
- If you want to make Jonathan Quick’s recovery timeline sound optimistic, accidentally misspeak the first time you mention it.
According to Dean Lombardi, Quick is out until March. Lombardi not ready "to throw the kitchen sink" at team's goaltending problem.— Helene Elliott (@helenenothelen) December 14, 2016
Dean Lombardi says he misspoke in projected date of Quick's return. Projecting mid-February, worst case March. Said he had trade deadline on— Helene Elliott (@helenenothelen) December 14, 2016
Regardless, it sounds like any hopes that he’d return before the All-Star Break were just that: hopes.
- Jeff Carter is pissed.
Some strong words from Kings center Jeff Carter after the loss to Buffalo: pic.twitter.com/ZcTeFW6eTn— Mark Ludwiczak (@MarkLud12) December 14, 2016
- Alan Thicke, one of the first “celebrity fans” of the Los Angeles Kings, passed away at the age of 69 yesterday. He had a rather notable role in the Wayne Gretzky trade. [Fox Sports]
LEAGUE AND WORLD NEWS
- 2014 Kings draft pick Austin Wagner was cut from the Team Canada World Juniors roster yesterday, while 2016 second-rounder Kale Clague survived this round of cuts. We should find out today whether Clague will make the cut. [TSN]
- Our sister site in Edmonton really does not want Kris Russell back. [Copper ‘N Blue]
- You thought our second period was bad? Carolina scored six goals in the third period on Vancouver last night. [Canes Country]
How about a Freeway Faceoff? Ontario took a 2-1 lead in the season series against the San Diego Gulls last night, as Sean Backman scored his first goal in 14 games to win it late.
GAME TO WATCH
Might we suggest Philadelphia-Colorado on NBCSN, at 7:00 PM Pacific? It’s a rare chance to catch an Eastern Conference team, on national TV, after you get home from work. And this particular team has won nine in a row. Plus, Wayne Simmonds has 15 goals, 28 points, and 44 penalty minutes in 31 games; he’s guaranteed to do something.