I'll make this quick: the Los Angeles Kings were pretty brutal tonight. Turnovers leading to goals? Check. Bad penalties? Check. Getting thoroughly outplayed for large stretches? Check. The Anaheim Ducks took it to LA, and the 4-2 final score might have been flattering.
Rank the players by voting thumbs-up or thumbs-down, then read on for a rundown of what went wrong.
- Aside from a meaningless late tally, the Kings only scored when they hit their own player with a shot.
- Ryan Getzlaf scored an even-strength goal.
- Milan Lucic took four minor penalties.
- Trevor Lewis didn't even score on John Gibson.
- That was Getzlaf's first even-strength goal of the ENTIRE SEASON, and it was on LA.
- Vincent Lecavalier and Luke Schenn turned back into pumpkins.
- Anze Kopitar and Jake Muzzin each took hard shots along the boards.
- Ryan Garbutt scored, and it wasn't the worst goal LA gave up to a Ryan G.
- Jonathan Quick got pulled and it wasn't his fault.
- Ryan Getz- ok, you get the point.
We'll dig into this one more in the recap. You might not be psyched to read that, but we'll talk about Kopitar's two assists, we promise!