Ontario Reign VS San Jose Barracuda
Series: 1-1 (best of 5)
Day: April 28, 2016 (Citizens Business Bank Arena)
Time: 7:00 PM PST
Watch: AHL Live
Ontario Reign Lines
Mersch / Dowd / Backman
Kempe / Sutter / Brodzinski
Crescenzi / Newbury / Auger
Samuels-Thomas / Amadio / Bissonnette
MacDermid / LoVerde
Forbort / Gravel
Schultz / Raine
Forward line rushes:— Lindsay Czarnecki (@ReignInsider) April 29, 2016
- Mike Stothers said "there’s a good chance" that Michael Amadio plays over the injured Andrew Crescenzi and Ryan Horvat.
- Nic Dowd wants his line of Michael Mersch and Sean Backman to carry the puck in more. The Reign's top scorers also seek to get the power play going; they're gone zero-for-six so far in this series.
- San Jose has also, perhaps unexpectedly, held serve at even strength with Ontario. The Reign had controlled 59.3% of ES scoring chances in the regular season; in the first two games, the teams are tied 18 apiece.
San Jose Barracuda Lines
(based on last game, courtesy Fear the Fin)
Goodrow / Timmins / Carpenter
Morin / Langlois / Goldobin
Lerg / McCarthy / Parkes
Boudreau / Jevpalovs / Martin
Young / Ryan
Stollery / Bergman
McNally / Mueller
- The Barracuda went winless in six games at CBBA this year (0-4-2-0).
- Aaron Dell has stopped 69 of 73 shots in this series.
- John McCarthy thinks it's very important for San Jose to get out to a quick start on the road, "We can’t just sit back and let them play their game. We need a good start and we need to show them we’re going to play the game that we play."