Be honest: You thought the Kings were toast entering the third period last night. I know I did. For a team that has struggled when behind all season things did not look good at the forty minute mark. However, perhaps there was more hope than I realized, considering how bad this young Maple Leafs team has been at protecting leads.
If you missed the game, @robyn_jftc has your recap here and it is solid as always. Go Kings Go!
Thursday Night Highlights
Here’s your random sampling of the best plays from around the league
- If you missed the night P.K. Subban enjoyed in Montreal, it really is a must watch. The repeated “P.K.! P.K.!” chants, while Mr. Subban was crying? A special moment for a special person and franchise.
- P.K. squirting Carey Price with water? Yes, please.
- Aaron Ekblad with some nasty last night versus the Flyers.
- Any aged skaters reading this? Radek Faksa pulled a smooth 50/50 grind on the bench boards to set up, then finish, a goal versus the Islanders.
News & Notes
Need some reading? Here ya go.
- 30 Thoughts: Which trades were left on the table on deadline day? (Friedman)
- While deadline day was quiet, June should be a gong show (LeBrun)
- Down Goes Brown: Remembering Five Actual ‘Hockey Trades’ On Deadline Day (McIndoe)
- Statistically Speaking: Burrows with a big debut (Cullen)
- Five AHL Call-Ups Who Could Offer Some Punch in the Post-Season (Clinton)