The waiting is over; the Kings’ 2018-19 schedule is here!
While the home opener has already been revealed — here’s looking at you, San Jose — we’ve now got the full schedule to mull over.
You can view the whole thing here, but here are a few highlights:
- After only two games at home to start the season (San Jose and Detroit), the Kings hit the road, spending October 9-15 playing four games in Canada before returning home to face the Islanders.
- The Kings have a seven-game homestand to end October and begin November, after which they take a brief jaunt through the midwest.
- New Years’ Eve in Denver? Good, good. New Years’ Day in Vegas? Oh boy.
- The All-Star Game plus the Kings’ bye week wipe out pretty much all of the end of January; the Kings play St. Louis on January 21st, and then don’t play again until February 2nd, when they hit the road for the Grammy’s trip. The Kings return back to Staples Center on Valentine’s Day, to face the Canucks.
- As usual, the end of the schedule is very Western Conference-heavy. In March and April, the only non-Western games they have are against Montreal and Florida.
- The Kings play the Vegas Golden Knights five times: at home on December 8, 29, and April 6, and in Vegas on December 23 and January 1. Yes, that’s right, four matchups in less than a month. Let’s build a rivalry!
- There are 11 matinees. Please place your bets now on the outcomes of them. I don’t think you even need to know which teams the Kings are playing during them.
- The Kings have 12 back-to-back games, down from 14 last year. Six of those are in the February through April range. The Kings’ last four games are back-to-backs: April 1st (home against Calgary) and 2nd (away against Arizona) and 5th (away against Anaheim) and 6th (home against Vegas).
The promotional schedule is still being revealed, so you’ll have to wait to know which bobbleheads you can bring home this year, but the dates of special giveaway games, pride/heritage nights, theme nights, and more, are already available.
Any games you’re looking forward to? Anyone planning on hitting the road with the Kings? Let us know!