Good morning, Kings fans! It’s game day in Tampa Bay, with a special twist.
The 2020 LA Kings Dad’s Trip started yesterday, as some of the dads already landed in Tampa and watched yesterday’s practice.
Dads Trip starting today for Kings— lisa dillman (@reallisa) January 13, 2020
A couple already here at today's practice in Tampa
Adrian Kempe told me his dad won't be able to get away from work
Same with Nikolai Prokhorkin's dad
It’s to be expected that some of the dads won’t be able to make it, but the question on my mind is of course, who will be there for our good boy with two amazing moms, Jaret Anderson-Dolan? Lisa Dillman of The Athletic thankfully got the answer there, as well:
The dad from Jaret Anderson-Dolan's billet family in Spokane will be here— lisa dillman (@reallisa) January 13, 2020
Kurtis MacDemid said his parents are on a previously scheduled trip to Hawaii
Other news to note is that Alec Martinez appears to be on the trade block for the Kings. What will it take to move the 32-year-old defender? Read more about it, as well as other Kings rumblings below!
- Report: Kings open to trading Martinez [theScore]
- LeBrun: Kings open to dealing Martinez, Senators staying patient with Pageau and more trade rumblings [The Athletic]
- Confessions of a Hockey Lifer with Scott Gruhl [Snapshots in Hockey History podcast]
- MCLELLAN LOOKS UNDER THE HOOD, LIKES WHAT HE SEES; LA’S PACE IMPROVING [LA Kings Insider]
- MONDAY NOTES; PACE IN PRACTICE; IAFALLO’S SURGE; WAGNER AND POINT [LA Kings Insider]
Elsewhere in the World
- Lafreniere tops Central Scouting North American midterm NHL Draft ranking [NHL.com]
- The NHL’s best and worst this week: On women’s hockey at the All-Star Game [ESPN]
- Why the New Jersey Devils fired GM Ray Shero now, and what’s next [ESPN]
- Watch: Huberdeau sets Panthers’ all-time points record [theScore]
- Golden Knights hoping to add a defenseman before the trade deadline [The Athletic]
- CBS Sports Nabs U.S. TV Rights to New 3-on-3 Pro Hockey League [The Hollywood Reporter]
- And in case you missed it, here’s the shoot out miss of the century from Brad Marchand last night against the Philadelphia Flyers. Just an absolute whiff. You love to see it, folks.
Bruins lose after Brad Marchand has the worst shootout try in the history of the sport pic.twitter.com/x9IVt4eDgG— Pete Blackburn (@PeteBlackburn) January 14, 2020
On the Schedule
- Los Angeles Kings at Tampa Bay Lightning, 7 EST/4 PST on SUN, FS-W
- Minnesota Wild at Pittsburgh Penguins, 7 EST/4 PST on NBCSN, ATTSN-PT
- Vegas Golden Knights at Buffalo Sabres, 7 EST/4 PST on MSG-B, ATTSN-RM
- New Jersey Devils at Toronto Maple Leafs, 7 EST/4 PST on TVAS, SNO, MSG+
- Detroit Red Wings at New York Islanders, 7 EST/4 PST on MSG+ 2, FS-D
- Boston Bruins at Columbus Blue Jackets, 7 EST/4 PST on SN360, SNE, FS-O, NESN
- Chicago Blackhawks at Ottawa Senators, 7:30 EST/4:30 PST on TSN5, RDS, NBCSCH
- Vancouver Canucks at Winnipeg Jets, 8 EST/5 PST on TSN3, SNP
- San Jose Sharks at Arizona Coyotes, 9 EST/6 PST on FS-A PLUS, NBCSCA
- Dallas Stars at Colorado Avalanche, 9 EST/6 PST on ESPN+, ALT, FS-SW+
- Nashville Predators at Edmonton Oilers, 9 EST/6 PST on ESPN+, SNW, FS-TN
Obviously, we’ll be watching the Kings game, but if it gets to be too much, there’s a whole slate of games to switch to during intermission. If you’re looking for an easy peek at two Pacific Division teams, you should be able to catch the end of Sharks versus Coyotes after the Kings wrap up in Tampa.