Dustin Brown is a proud dad of four kids — three sons, Jake, Mason and Cooper, and one daughter, Mackenzie — but it turns out, they’re only a little bit proud of their dad being an NHL player.
When asked if his kids have begun to appreciate what he does now that they’re a bit older, Brown had a confession:
“They just don’t think I’m very good,” he laughed.
“Especially my oldest, he’s a pretty big hockey player himself and he understands it all, but he just doesn’t think that I’m that good compared to all the other players in the NHL.”
Brown has played 17 seasons with the Kings, winning a Stanley Cup with the team in 2012 and 2014. The 36-year-old winger current plays on the Kings’ top line.
Watch the full video below:
- Kings’ Dustin Brown reaches 300th goal milestone [LA Daily News]
- Oilers Claim Goaltender Troy Grosenick From LA Kings [Copper and Blue]
- AHL’s dire financial situation leaves players ‘begging’ for help [New York Post] (Editor’s Note: I hate linking out to the Post, and I don’t think this is particularly great coverage of it, however, other outlets haven’t picked up this story yet and I do think the issues raised are important.)
- Report: Jimmy Howard expected to retire after 14 NHL seasons [TheScore]
- NHL fines Jared McCann for elbowing [Pensburgh]
- ‘No regrets’: Adam McQuaid officially announces retirement from NHL [CBC]
- Lightning, other NHL teams, must be prepared for breaks in play [Tampa Bay Times]
- NHL Rumors: Oilers, Panthers, Maple Leafs, Jets, More [The Hockey Writers]
Scores & Recaps
- Boston Bruins 1, New Jersey Devils 2 (OT)
- San Jose Sharks 3, Arizona Coyotes 5
- New York Islanders 0, New York Rangers 5
- Montreal Canadiens 5, Edmonton Oilers 1
- Carolina Hurricanes 2, Detroit Red Wings 4
- Toronto Maple Leafs 3, Ottawa Senators 2
- Columbus Blue Jackets 2, Nashville Predators 5
- Minnesota Wild 4, Los Angeles Kings 3 (OT)
- Anaheim Ducks 1, Vegas Golden Knights, 2 (OT)
- Vancouver Canucks 0, Calgary Flames 3
Click on a team name to find a recap on their SB Nation site!