Preview: Game Day #54, Flames @ Kings
Time to keep a winning streak going, again
Calgary Flames @ Los Angeles Kings (Staples Center)
Time: 7:30 PM PST
TV: Fox Sports West
Enemy Reading: Matchsticks and Gasoline
Los Angeles Kings
Scratched: Andreoff, Forbort; Injured: Pearson, Martinez; Suspended: Voynov
Scratched: Bennett, Jooris, Wolf, Potter; Injured: Smid
- Top Line Trevor Lewis
- Third Line Brandon Bollig
- I think those two offset each other, right? Credit to Lewis and his improved possession numbers this year, I guess, and the fact that this allows for good second and third lines is good and all. I still really miss Tanner Pearson.
- It's Jonas Hiller back in the Flames net; remember, he was there for the first two agonizing Kings losses to Calgary this season, but not the third. Got it? Good.
- The Flames can move into second place in the Pacific with a win. If the Kings win in regulation, though, they move within three points of Calgary WITH a game in hand.
- (Stop laughing, LA could actually beat the Flames. I swear.)
- The Kings only gave up one power play goal on their five-game road trip, which points somewhat to an improved penalty kill but more to increased discipline. Meanwhile, the Flames haven't been beaten on the power play since January 27. If this game is indeed decided at even strength, that's an advantage for LA.
- Finally, tune in early for the Barry Melrose Legends Night ceremony, and enjoy the retro jerseys.