Game Precap: Kings/Oilers
The Edmonton Oilers. They suck, right? They're the worst in the league or something. Let's look. ... Yeah, see, the bottom of the conference. Twenty-nine pathetic points. But:
- They've played the fewest games of anyone in the conference (32).
- The Oilers are 12-15-5.
- The Blackhawks are 19-14-3 (36 games).
- The Ducks are 18-16-4 (38 games).
- Just look at losses and OT/SOLs for a second. The Oilers are only two games behind the Stanley Cup Champs and a half game ahead of the Ducks, just looking at points squandered.
- The Oilers are 6-3-1 in their last ten.
- The Oilers have Taylor Hall, Jordan Eberle, Magnus Paajarvi, the irritating/entertaining Linus Omark, and that guy Steve MacIntyre, who a few months ago knocked Raitis Ivanans around like he was Peter Harrold's runty brother, Deter.
- And they have nothing to lose.