How to Watch
Game Time: 4:00 p.m. Pacific Time
TV: Fox Sports West
Radio: iHeart Radio
The Opposition: Canes Country
What to Watch
- The Carolina Hurricanes are really good. Like, ridiculously good. The Los Angeles Kings are good, too—on paper, anyway.
- Last time the Kings saw the Canes, Petr Mrazek absolutely stonewalled the Kings who were the more brilliant team but just couldn’t put the biscuit in the basket.
- The Kings just put up five on Vegas but the Canes also just shutout the pesky Arizona Coyotes. Which teams will show up tonight? Who knows! Tune in to find out!
- Look for Mrazek to start tonight, given that he shut down the Coyotes. Back-to-back or not, shutouts trump tiredness (which may be overblown in this day and age? It’s hard to say).
- Dad is back! That is, Justin Williams aka “Dad” to most of the young’uns in Raleigh signed a one year deal to try to and get another Stanley Cup. He may or may not be playing tonight. He did not play against Arizona but he could suit up tonight.
- Jaret Anderson-Dolan was recalled for this trip with Blake Lizotte out with some kind of knee/leg injury, but he did not dress against the high flying Golden Knights. Based on morning rushes, it appears that Matt Luff is the odd-man out and JAD will replace him on the fourth line.
- According to Jon Rosen, it seems that Kurtis MacDermid will also be out tonight against the Canes.
- Jack Campbell was the first goalie off. He might not know where the North Pole is, but he at least knows how to stop a puck and was brilliant in Vegas. Here’s hoping he’s just as good against this excellent Carolina squad.
Los Angeles Kings
Iafallo — Kopitar — Toffoli
Clifford — Carter — Brown
Kempe — Amadio — Wagner
Prokhorkin — JAD— Lewis
Martinez — Doughty
Forbort — Walker
Hutton — Roy
Svechnikov — Staal — Foegele
Niederreiter — Aho — Teravainen
Dzingel — Haula — Necas
McGinn — Wallmark — Martinook
Slavin — Hamilton
Gardiner — Pesce
Edmundson — van Riemsdyk