Kings @ Avalanche: Reaction Thread
- The Kings scored 6 goals tonight. They only scored 6 goals total in their 5 previous games combined.
- There were 5 goals scored tonight at even strength and 5 scored on the power play.
- The Kings shot 21% tonight. That is their highest single game shooting percentage mark of the season.
- Despite all the ebb and flow caused by all the goals, it ended up being a very closely contested game in terms of puck possession. The Avs out-attempted the Kings 38-37 at 5v5. The Kings had a big edge through two but the Avs came on hard late as they tried to comeback.
(graph courtesy of extraskater)
- Tyler Toffoli, Tanner Pearson and Linden Vey were all in the line-up for the first time in a while. How did the kids do tonight?
- Toffoli ended up +3 in Corsi, 2 assists and attempted 5 shots on goal (3 were blocked, 2 on net). A pretty active and successful night for Toffoli.
- Vey ended up +2 with no points or shots. He had the 2nd least ice time of any other King as he centered the 4th line with Trevor Lewis and Jordan Nolan.
- Pearson was on the 2nd line with Mike Richards and Jeff Carter. He ended up -3 with no points or shot attempts. His line had a tough match-up as they saw most of their time against the Parenteau-O'Reilly-Duchene and started a whopping 8 shifts in the D-zone.
- Anze Kopitar was by far the Kings best player tonight. In addition to logging three points, he was very active in terms of shooting the puck. He's usually a little gun shy when it comes to shooting the puck, but not tonight. Kopitar recorded 6 attempts at the net (4 on goal, 1 missed, 1 blocked).
How would you grade the Kings performance tonight?