Kings-Blues Game 2 Preview
The Kings try to rebound from a subpar effort to earn the split at Scottrade.
Los Angeles Kings v St Louis Blues (Scottrade Center)
Time: 6.30 PM
TV: CBC, CNBC
Enemy reading: St Louis Game Time
Series preview: #fancystats
Blues (projected) lineup:
Injured: Langenbrunner; Scratched: Grachev, Jaskin, Murray, Nichol, Tarasenko, Chorney, Cole, Hakanpaa, Polak, Woywitka
Kings (projected) lineup:
Injured: Mitchell, Greene; Scratched: Richardson, Martinez, Toffoli
- I'm not going to talk about Game 1, firstly because we've covered Game 1 fairly exhaustively, and also because I don't hate myself. Let's look forward: the Kings now have to win four of their next six. No big deal.
- The Blues are lining up the same as they did on Tuesday, so no surprises here - the Kings know exactly what they're up against.
- Kings lines are from Jim Fox's tweet about morning drills. I like the idea of maybe getting Anze Kopitar going by putting him back with his most successful wingmates, I wish Dustin Penner were back on the second line, and I don't understand who I have to yell at to get Jordan Nolan off the goddamn ice.
- FREEEEEEE AAAAAAALEC MARTIIIIIIINEZ
- Darryl Sutter's comments about Matt Greene are a bit confusing to me, but overall, it sounds like he's healthy-ish enough to go, but Sutter doesn't trust him in there, which I guess is fair, but also...Keaton Ellerby, man. He stinks. (More like Smellerby, amirite.)
- Prediction: Kings win, always. Go Kings Go.