Kings Prospects Update (Toffoli, Andreoff, Schumacher, Weal, Moller, Holloway)
- Ottawa 67's right wing Tyler Toffoli, playing his last season of juniors, leads the OHL in goals, with 33, and is second in points with 66 (one behind the leader). He's ahead of last season's league-leading pace.
- Only 3 of Toffoli's goals are on the power-play. He ranks 70th in PP goals. A sniper who excels at 5-on-5 scoring? Who needs that?
- Oshawa Generals left wing Andy Andreoff leads his team in scoring with 38 points (15 goals, 23 assists). Andreoff turns pro next year.
- Soo Greyhounds left wing Michael Schumacher leads his team in goals (20) and power-play goals (8).
- Schumacher is 18 years old, 6'5" 205 pounds last we checked.
- Regina Pats center Jordan Weal is second in the WHL in scoring (69 points), first in assists (44) and second in plus/minus (+29).
- Oscar Moller and Bud Holloway are tied for the team lead in goals (11) for Skelleftea HC in the Swedish Elite League. That's 12th in the league, overall.
- Maxim Kitsyn has one goal and one assist for Novotkuznetsk of the KHL, and needs to get the hell out of there. He was scoring nearly a point a game for Mississuaga last year. (Either this or next year is the last of his KHL contract, I can't remember.)
- Marc-Andre Cliche leads the Monarchs with 22 points (11 goals, 11 assists). Dwight King is second, with 21 (7+14).
- Linden Vey, in his first AHL season, has seen his point totals go up each month, and now has 10 goals and 9 assists. He is 21st in rookie points.
- Thomas Hickey leads the team in plus/minus (+11) and is tied for second in assists (11).
Jewels from the Crown is supported by readers like you!
Content is currently free for all readers, but you can help us with business expenses, including pay for our writers, by contributing to our GoFundMe.
Make sure you're following us on Twitter so you never miss any Kings news!