Kings-Sharks Game 3 Preview
Having preserved home ice advantage, the Kings head to the Shark Tank up 2-0 and hoping to keep the victories rolling.
Los Angeles Kings v San Jose Sharks (HP Pavilion)
Time: 6.00 PM
TV: RDS, TSN, NBC Sports Network
Enemy reading: Fear the Fin
Previous series coverage: Preview | Game 1 coverage | Game 2 recap
Sharks (projected) lineup:
Injured: Burish, Havlat; Scratched: Demers, Hamilton, Oleksuk, Pelech, Stalberg, Acolatse, Demelo, Petrecki, Tennyson
Kings (projected) lineup:
Injured: Mitchell, Greene, Clifford, Stoll (THANK, RAFFI); Scratched: the Manchester Monarchs
- The Kings got their sixth straight victory on Thursday night, but they have yet to play a great, truly dominating game during these playoffs. Not every playoff game, or series, is going to be pretty, but I can't be the only one who's a little concerned that they're scraping out quite a few of these wins. The Sharks penalty kill collapsed late in the game, and the Kings certainly can't rely on that happening again. I have full faith that this team can take this series, but I remain cautious about their prospects in general.
- That being said, they did what they had to do at home, and they still haven't lost at Staples Center since March. That's pretty neat!
- Tyler Toffoli: whatta kid. Such a great game from him on Thursday, and an awesome glimpse of what is (we hope, obviously) ahead for him in his NHL career.
- I don't anticipate/see any news about lineup changes for either team, although the Sharks re-iterated that Jason Demers is approaching game readiness and will be "an option" very soon.
- Prediction: Kings win after I hold a prayer circle for Anze Kopitar's face. Raffi Torres probably kicks a puppy in the press box.