Off Day Watch, 2/10: The Drought is Over
You get a goal! You get a goal! Also, random news and notes.
Well, that felt good. After a mega-drought of epic proportions, the Kings were able to start fast and never look back against the Panthers. Much like our home state, the odds of cataclysmic disaster have lessened and any concerns about the team’s ability to score goals can be put to rest. One of those statements is true, I’ll leave it up to you to decide which one.
Your JFTC recap is right here, with your NHL.com variety right here. I highly suggest watching the second goal of the night a few times...Tanner Pearson just abuses Alex Petrovic (trigger warning if you’re 40+ and still play rec. hockey versus youngsters).
Random New and Notes: Read One and @ Me!
- NHL.com has a Trade Deadline primer for the Pacific Division, and it’s solid. I’ll give you one guess what they say the Kings’ #1 need is.
- Sportsnet has a Trade Rumor (with a “u”) update that’s useful, especially as it covers Evander Kane, recently covered quite well by @EricJFTC.
- What’s that? You want MORE mind-numbing trade talk? TSN has you covered...and Evander Kane <-> LA Kings is once again a thing.
- On Wednesday I mentioned the recent struggles of the Canadiens, and today it’s the Dallas Stars. It’s been a rough season to this point, and the low point may have come last night. Jiri Hudler, take a bow.
- Speaking of the Stars, imagine Marc-Andre Fleury in green...weird, right?
- Finally, the NHL is taking Boston University to court in order to gain full access to “their research on the brain disease chronic traumatic encephalopathy,” or CTE. This is worth a full-read, as the topic is going to affect the league, its players, and likely the game it self in years to come. /