Off Day Watch, 2/8: Uh-oh, Pops is Using Middle Names
Bruuuuuuuuuutal in Tampa. Plus, news and updates.
If you have kids, are involved in education, or manage people from time to time you know the feeling: The urge to leave decorum behind and just unload on those snotty, ungrateful, lazy kids/students/co-workers. Well, after the Kings 5-0 loss in Tampa last night Darryl Sutter felt that itch and boy-oh-boy did he scratch it.
Darryl Sutter post-game quotes: https://t.co/yoO0WkQg07— Jon Rosen (@lakingsinsider) February 8, 2017
The money shot:
On any commonalities between the last two games: No. I think there’s a lot of commonality in our road game this year. I think we have a lot of veterans that have not done much for us this year, and it’s disappointing on the road.
What could have led to such a thrashing? Well, on the heels of the disaster in D.C. the Kings were pummeled in Tampa, despite starting strong and, again, winning the corsi cup. Low lights below, if you’re into that kind of thing.
At this point, I’m not sure what to make of this team and where they’re headed. I think it more likely than not that we see minor tweaks than major moves, but another let down like the last two games might just force Lombardi’s hand.
Hey, I just found these, and this is crazy, but here’s some links, so read them, maybe?
- I swear to everything holy if Shane Doan ends up in a Kings sweater I am not going to be a happy man.
- A couple of interesting/relevant notes in Elliotte Friedman’s 30 Thoughts column. Thought #3 - it looks like the Anaheim Ducks are very involved in any market for Avalanche forwards, certainly raising the cost should the Kings be in play. Thought #12 - Paul LaDue, who made his NHL debut last night, apparently has eyes on him.
- Remember October, when the Canadiens were on fire and it was very clear that they won that Weber/Subban deal? Well, it’s not October anymore.
- Props where props are due, Alain Vigneault earned his 600th NHL victory last night as the King stood on his head in a victory over the Ducks.
- Last but not least, Bill Plaschke ran a much-heralded article on Atlanta Falcons center Alex Mack last week that was quite good. There is a great little hockey connection embedded in it, so if you’ve got the time.../