Off-Day Watch: Kings Win! Kings Win!
Plus, supply-side problems in the NCAA and faulty gloves.
After a convincing win against the Winnipeg Jets – yes, yes, they are worse than we are – Kings now sit 8 points back of the Nashville Predators. “The Predators?” you’re thinking. Yes, St. Louis is now in third place in the Central, try to keep up!
With nine games left to play the Kings are still in the running mathematically, and still a real long shot. My wager of babysitting services to @BobKnob2point0 still stands, and I would love to see it happen, but at a minimum I’m hoping the team closes the season strong. With a tough schedule remaining, I would like to see at least thirteen points out of the remaining nineteen.
If you’re looking for highlights from last night, here you go. Now, on to some hockey news.
- Very interesting article here on how more and more young players are seeking to play NCAA Division I hockey, yet the supply of schools to play at has remained flat since 2003.
- United States Air Force veteran, Colorado Rapid’s medical staff member, Cirque du Soleil director of performamce…Vegas Golden Knights director of sports performance and head athletic trainer. Totally logical path to that job, right?
- My guess is that most of you have already seen Marc Methot’s brutal injury from a (pretty innocuous) Sidney Crosby slash, so here’s a discussion about gloves. Yes, gloves.
- Good news everyone, Mario Lemieux has officially sanctioned Josh Ho-Sang wearing number 66. I’m sure everyone will now move on and leave the kid alone. Sure of it.
- Finally, an interesting review of historical Stanley Cup sleepers and how to assess this year’s potential dark horses. My money is on the Kings./
I have nothing, but will leave you with this.
Fight on, Kings.