Postgame/Rank the Players: Kings Fizzle Out on Fight Night
All that effort catches up with the Kings in the third.
The more I think about it, the less surprising that third period was...
What did you think of each player on the Los Angeles Kings tonight? Give a thumbs up to any player who you thought did well, and a thumbs down to any player you thought had a rough game. (If you're not sure or if you thought a player was "eh", you can simply skip them.) The players will get ranked based on your votes. GO!
Bright sides, around the Jackets scoring and everyone fighting:
- Anze Kopitar finally got an assist! His career-long skid is over.
- The Kings tied a franchise record by not allowing a single shot on goal in the second period. (Hilariously, they're 0-3 in games when they do that.)
- Darryl Sutter was pretty realistic about the final period letdown, attributing it largely to the 3-games-in-4-nights run. He certainly isn't going to overreact to anything.
- Jeff Carter continues to make LA's goalscoring a two-headed monster as opposed to a one-headed monster.
- Jordan Weal didn't have to try fighting anyone.
- Lots of dogs during Kings Weekly./