Preseason Game Day #1: Coyotes @ Kings
In which the Los Angeles Kings play a game. Of hockey.
Arizona Coyotes @ Los Angeles Kings (Rabobank Arena, Bakersfield)
Time: 7:00 PM PST
Radio: KABC 790
Enemy Reading: Five for Howling
Los Angeles Kings
TBD; Anders Lindback starts in goal.
- No TV or stream for tonight's contest. Apologies to noted hockey fan Chloë Grace Moretz.
Where can I watch the Kings/coyotes game ?? And islanders/flyers game ??— Chloë Grace Moretz (@ChloeGMoretz) September 21, 2015
- Brayden McNabb, the only guaranteed NHL d-man in the LA lineup, plays the right side tonight. If he ends up with Christian Ehrhoff, though, he'll play the left side. Indication that a pairing with Alec Martinez is more likely, or just me reading too much into everything?
Afternoon groups on the ice. Early alignments of note: McNabb-Ehrhoff, Martinez-Greene; Pearson-Carter-Toffoli, King-Lewis-Brown.— Jon Rosen (@lakingsinsider) September 18, 2015
In scrimmage today, Ehrhoff paired with Martinez and McNabb with Greene (the former actually looked good). Also liked what I saw from Ebert.— Chris Jenkins (@anexanhume) September 21, 2015
- Michael Mersch, Jordan Weal, and Brian O'Neill are a line. Can anyone remind me whether they've played together before?
- Meanwhile, Tyler Toffoli and Tanner Pearson play with Nic Dowd, which is sensible; put them with Nick Shore and he might get spoiled before he ends up on the fourth line on Opening Night. (Don't cry for Shore, though, he gets to play with two guys who he could concievably form a potent trio with in a couple years.)
- Derek Forbort and Jamie McBain are the two favorites for the much-coveted seventh defenseman spot. Will they work together and elevate each other's games? Or will they pass it into each other's feet to make the other guy look worse?
- None of us get to watch, so follow along with the usual suspects, all the way through the guaranteed 3-on-3 overtime period!