Preview, Game Day #43: Ottawa Senators @ Los Angeles Kings
That was a looooong four days.
Ottawa Senators @ Los Angeles Kings
Time: 1:00 Pacific
TV: Fox Sports West, TSN5, RDS2
Enemy Reading: Silver Seven Sens
Los Angeles Kings
Scratched: Nolan, McBain Injured: Clifford
Injured: MacArthur, Phillips
Stats & Such
(Fancy stats courtesy War on Ice)
|Division Rank||6th||1st |
|Streak||Lost 2||Won 1|
|Goals For/Game||2.66||2.62 |
|Goals Against/Game||2.98 ||2.14|
|ES Goal %||48.0||53.3 |
| ES Shot % ||45.8||54.3 |
|ES PDO||101.3 ||99.9 |
|ES Corsi %||46.9||56.2 |
|ES Fenwick %||45.9||55.9|
|ES Scoring Chance %||46.3||55.4 |
|ES High-Danger SC %||45.8||54.1 |
|Power Play % (Rank)||17.8 (22nd) ||20.3 (8th) |
|Penalty Kill % (Rank)||76.0 (29th) ||82.0 (11th) |
|Starting Goalie (today)||Anderson||Quick|
|ES Save %||.925 ||.933|
- Four days off, three of which were spent waiting for Anze Kopitar to sign. It's been rough.
- You know what to watch out for when you face the Senators, but the Kings' focus on stopping Erik Karlsson and the Ottawa top six was an utter failure a month ago. Here's a chance at redemption.
- One good thing came out of that game, though. Tyler Toffoli benefited from a huge bounce off the boards to score just his third goal in a month and a half, and we hoped it might trigger a hot streak. Toffoli has scored eight times in his last ten games.
- Karlsson went into that game with no points in his previous four games; for him, that was a drought. His two-point night kicked off a seven-game point streak. The All-Star now has 45 points, but none in his last two games. Can he just wait one more game before he starts his next run of scoring?
- It makes sense that Karlsson has no points in the last two games, as they were 7-1 and 4-1 defeats to Washington and Anaheim, respectively. The Ducks scored thrice in the final five minutes of that last game, and Dave Cameron's decision to go back to Craig Anderson has inspired confidence from the local media.
- Jonathan Quick turned aside 25 of 27 shots in Monday's win, which was actually his worst performance since December 27. I'd take that as a worst.
- Anyway, that sets up the fabled American-goalies-who-probably-won't-start-in-2018 matchup. (Just kidding; Quick is definitely going to start ahead of Cory Schneider, causing great anger from analytical US fans until Quick pitches three shutouts on the way to a gold medal. Book it.)
- In their preview, Silver Seven Sens emphasized their support of the New England Patriots, so we're all Chiefs fans today. (You should already have been rooting against the Patriots, though.)
- PREDICTION: Kings win. So do the Chiefs. Sorry, Looch.