Preview: Game Day #57, Kings @ Avalanche
Time to do the thing again.
Los Angeles Kings @ Colorado Avalanche (Pepsi Center)
Time: 6:00 PM PST
Enemy Reading: Mile High Hockey
Scratched: None; Injured: MacKinnon, Bordeleau, Johnson, McGinn, Rendulic, Wilson, Winchester, Hishon, Varlamov
Los Angeles Kings
Scratched: Andreoff, Forbort; Injured: Pearson, Martinez; Suspended: Voynov
- Just a reminder: this is the final game before the Stadium Series in San Jose. The Sharks and Kings have essentially switched places in the weeks leading up to it, making for some compelling EPIX viewing.
- The picture above is from 2013, because these teams haven't played in a while. How much has changed since then? Colorado's leading scorer this year is Jarome Iginla.
- In the meantime, the Kings and Avs have taken very different routes to the playoff bubble. Colorado has faltered due to their results catching up with their #fancystats, and they're five games behind LA with an additional game played. A regulation win for LA puts them in a world of trouble.
- However, Colorado's coming off of two big wins over Dallas and Arizona, so don't expect LA to treat this like a cakewalk.
- 14th start in a row for Semyon Varlamov; 13th start in a row for Jonathan Quick.
- No lineup changes for LA, because why would there be?