Preview, Game Day #61: Buffalo Sabres @ Los Angeles Kings
The revenge of Jhonas Enroth!
Buffalo Sabres @ Los Angeles Kings
Time: 8:00 Pacific
TV: Fox Sports West
Enemy Reading: Die by the Blade
Los Angeles Kings
Lucic - Kopitar - Brown
King - Carter - Toffoli
Pearson - Lecavalier - Lewis
Clifford - Shore - Andreoff
Muzzin - Doughty
Martinez - Schenn
McNabb - Scuderi or McBain
Kane - Reinhart - Bailey
Girgensons - Eichel - McGinn
Foligno - Larsson - Gionta
Deslauriers - Legwand - Moulson
Gorges - Ristolainen
McCabe - Bogosian
Colaiacovo - Pysyk
- An 8 PM start tonight, because the outdoor hockey game between the Avs and the Wings has a three-hour window with no conflicting games. How annoying!
- Two nights ago the Kings took on Connor McDavid, and tonight, they get the #2 pick from last year's draft. Jack Eichel hasn't been quite as explosive as his counterpart in Edmonton, but he's second on the Sabres in scoring and seems to be developing nicely. He sucks at faceoffs, though.
- The actual leading scorer for Buffalo, Ryan O'Reilly, is hurt.
- Jhonas Enroth gets to tend goal against his former team. He's got a .926 save percentage going this season.
- I would've led off with Rob Scuderi, but to be honest, we don't know if he's playing tonight! I posted a poll on Twitter which is now irrelevant, but it at least gives you an idea of the sentiment towards that key #6 defenseman spot. Feel free to vote!
Pick your sixth defenseman (if the Kings do trade with Edmonton)... #LAKings— Eric (@EricJFTC) February 27, 2016
- Keep an eye on Jamie McGinn. With Ladd, Purcell, and Hudler off the trade block, he could be a forward option for LA. We wrote about him here.
- PREDICTION: 2-1, of course.