Preview, Game Day #64: Anaheim Ducks @ Los Angeles Kings
Freeway Faceoff #4 will put a team in sole possession of first in the Pacific. But who?
Anaheim Ducks @ Los Angeles Kings
Time: 1:00 Pacific
TV: Fox Sports West
Enemy Reading: Anaheim Calling
Los Angeles Kings
Injured: Gaborik, Greene Scratched: McBain, Nolan, Andreoff
Injured: Stoner, Getzlaf Suspended: Horcoff
- Ryan Getzlaf left the Ducks' game against Montreal, very briefly, after his leg appeared to bend awkwardly in a collision near the boards. Getzlaf returned almost immediately, but that injury has made him a game-time decision today.
- That's the only real breaking news heading into this one. The Ducks are riding a ten-game win streak, which includes a win over LA last Sunday. Aside from that game they've only been tested a couple times in the last month, but as we know, taking care of the weak opponents is never automatic, so credit to them.
- The Ducks once again turn to John Gibson, who has actually been the less effective of the Ducks' tandem since the All-Star Game.
- Nothing new in the Kings' personnel... This is sure looking like the roster LA will ride for the rest of the year. We can only hope that the Scuderi first pair experiment doesn't last too much longer.
- While it does, though, will the Kings continue to get production from the Muzzin-Martinez pairing?
- Up front, the focus of late has been on Tanner Pearson, who suddenly has 12 goals after struggling mightily for most of the season. Depth scoring!
- Time for the Kings to shut down the concerns which have been raging for the last month.
- PREDICTION: Kings 2, Ducks 1.