Preview, Game Day #75: Edmonton Oilers @ Los Angeles Kings
LA hasn't played a game in the division in a while, but they'll be facing familiar foes down the stretch, starting tonight.
Edmonton Oilers @ Los Angeles Kings
Time: 7:00 Pacific
TV: Fox Sports West, CBC
Enemy Reading: Copper & Blue
Los Angeles Kings
Pearson - Kopitar - Brown
Lucic - Carter - Toffoli
King - Dowd - Lewis
Clifford - Shore - Andreoff
McNabb - Doughty
Muzzin - Martinez
Scuderi - Schenn
Injured: Gaborik, Greene, Nolan, Versteeg Scratched: McBain, Lecavalier ("banged up")
Hall - Draisaitl - Yakupov
Maroon - McDavid - Eberle
Korpikoski - Letestu - Kassian
Hendricks - Cracknell - Pakarinen
Sekera - Fayne
Reinhart - Oesterle
Nurse - Clendening
Injured: Nugent-Hopkins, Pouliot, Klefbom, Davidson, Pardy, Ference, Gryba Scratched: Lander, Nikitin, Gadzic
Stats & Such
(Fancy stats courtesy War on Ice)
|Streak||Lost 3||Won 1 |
|Goals Against/Game||2.31 ||2.94|
|ES Goal %||53.7 ||44.3|
| ES Shot % ||54.7||48.4|
|ES PDO||99.7 ||98.7|
|ES Corsi %||56.1||49.0 |
|ES Fenwick %||56.0||48.4|
|ES Scoring Chance %||54.3||47.3|
|ES High-Danger SC %||54.5||49.4|
|Power Play % (Rank)||20.6 (7th) ||17.6 (19th) |
|Penalty Kill % (Rank)||81.5 (14th) ||80.1 (23rd) |
|Starting Goalie (today)||Quick||Brossoit|
|ES Save %||.930||.873|
- Vincent Lecavalier is a game-time decision due to an injury to his... uh... well, he's "banged up." Didn't stop Darryl from a rare play on words:
Sutter on Lecavalier: 'Two months ago, 3 months ago, they said he was done. They just didn’t finish the sentence. He's done well.'— Helene Elliott (@helenenothelen) March 26, 2016
- Kris Versteeg also remains out, but he skated today after the rest of the team, which is a positive development.
- Laurent Brossoit has no career wins, and he also has the league's worst even strength save percentage among goalies who have made multiple starts. I know LA seems to have trouble with backup goalies, but even by their standards, getting shut down by this guy would be impressive.
- Starting for LA: Jonathan Quick. This is not news.
- Boy, Edmonton is hurting... two of their most skilled forwards, and almost a full D corps, are sitting out tonight. But hey, look at who's centering the fourth line: Adam "Bad Ice" Cracknell!
- And yet, you look at that top six, and you get nervous, right? The Oilers put up six goals on San Jose on Thursday, so the Kings will need to stay focused even if they grab an early lead.
- Six of the Kings' final eight games come against division foes. If the Kings would like to lock this down before facing Anaheim in the 81st game of the year, they need to beat some familiar faces.
- PREDICTION: Carter and Toffoli link up at least once, LA wins 4-3.