Preview, Game Day #80: Los Angeles Kings @ Calgary Flames
We're in a very different place than we were a year ago, aren't we?
Los Angeles Kings @ Calgary Flames
Time: 6:00 Pacific
Enemy Reading: Matchsticks and Gasoline
Los Angeles Kings
Pearson - Kopitar - Versteeg
Lucic - Carter - Toffoli
King - Lecavalier - Brown
Lewis - Shore - Andreoff
McNabb - Doughty
Muzzin - Schenn
Gravel - McBain
Injured: Gaborik, Greene, Nolan Scratched: Dowd, Andreoff, Martinez (banged up), Scuderi
Gaudreau - Monahan - Shinkaruk
Bouma - Backlund - Colborne
Ferland - Bennett - Jooris
Bollig - Stajan - Grant
Brodie - Hamilton
Giordano - Engelland
Jokipakka - Nakladal
- #freenickshore #thoughandreoffhasbeendecent
- Andreoff gets the cover photo because he's making everyone consider whether he'd be a better fourth-line piece in the playoffs than Nick Shore, which seemed unlikely a couple months ago.
- I made fun of Vancouver in the preview yesterday and got burned, so I'm just going to remark on how the build-up to this game could not feel any more different than the corresponding build-up to Kings-Flames on April 9, 2015. It felt like a march to the grave, and it was. Today, it's a march to the playoffs for LA and a march to a high draft pick for Calgary.
- Anaheim plays Winnipeg at home tonight. A Ducks loss of any kind, combined with an LA win, once again allows the Kings to control their division destiny with two games to go. Do you want San Jose or Nashville?
- Remember, KCOP, not Fox Sports West.
- PREDICTION: LA 4, Calgary 0, and more catharsis.