Winnipeg Jets @ Los Angeles Kings
Time: 7:00 Pacific
TV: SN/Prime Ticket
Enemy Reading: Arctic Ice
Los Angeles Kings
Lucic - Kopitar - Pearson
Brown - Carter - Toffoli
King - Lecavalier - Lewis
Clifford - Andreoff - Versteeg
McNabb - Doughty
Muzzin - Schenn
Scuderi - McBain
Scratched: Shore, Dowd, Gravel Injured: Gaborik, Martinez, Nolan, Greene
Ehlers - Scheifele - Wheeler
Dano - Burmistrov - Stafford
Halischuk - Lowry - Thorburn
Petan - Copp -Armia
Chiarot - Byfuglien
Stuart - Trouba
Scratched: Tanev, Peluso, Lipon, Kichton Injured: Clitsome, Myers, Little, Perreault, Enstrom
- With a win tonight in any fashion, the Kings can clinch the Pacific Division and set the Nashville Predators as their first round opponent. If they don't win, the Ducks need to get two or fewer points over their next two games for that to happen. If the Kings lose in overtime or the shootout, that number goes up to three for the Ducks.
- The Kings only division title was in 1990-91 when it was called the Smythe Division. Some of you probably weren't even alive. I will admit that I was alive in the year 3 AAK (After Anze Kopitar)
- Fans (including you, Jewels fans) would prefer the Predators as a first round matchup, even with the increased travel. That would put the Kings up against the winner of a Sharks-Ducks series.
- The Jets made the playoffs last year. They did not come close this year. They are at the bottom of the Central Division, but would be fourth from last in the Pacific Division with their current point total, because LOL Pacific Division.
- In injury news, Marian Gaborik skated near the end of practice, while Matt Greene surprised and joined the team's main skate. Alec Martinez did not take the ice at all. Marian Gaborik's original timeline put his return at the second round, though Sutter cast doubt on inserting a player cold into a playoff lineup. Greene has missed all but the first three games this year, and it would be a miracle if he returned. Luke Schenn is kind of scary on the second pair in place of Martinez, but it's been nice to see McBain in the lineup again, actually kinda.
- Nick Shore (along with Nic Dowd) looks to be scratched again as Sutter has finally found a bit of depth scoring with the Clifford-Andreoff-Versteeg line. We have our reservations about Andreoff at center, but he's been pretty good as of late. We can only hope Marian Gaborik can return to provide true scoring depth for the Kings.
- Top goal-scorer in this game: Tyler Toffoli, 30. Top in assists: Blake Wheeler, 51. Top scorer overall: Blake Wheeler, 76.
- PREDICTION: Kings win this one is regulation 3-1, clinching the division. Vincent Lecavalier with the gaming winning goal.