Saturday: A Kings-Centric Guide to What You Want
It's that time of year. Yes, I mean scoreboard-watching. Here's today's schedule of Kings-related games:
- LAK v. COL -- Kings are four points up on the Avs. The Avalanche are ahead in the season series 4 points to 1. We want: Kings to win.
- VAN v. SJS -- The Sharks are a point ahead of the Kings with three games in hand. We want: Sharks to lose. [UPDATE: they did.]
- CHI v. NAS -- Kings are 2 points behind Nashville and the Predators have a game in hand. We want: Preds to lose. Or else: Preds win in regulation.
- TBL v. PHX -- Kings are six up on Phoenix. We want: Coyotes to lose.
- DAL v. MIN -- Wild are 5 behind the Kings with a game in hand; Stars are 6 behind the Kings with two games in hand. Stars are in our division. We want: Stars to lose in regulation.
- CGY v. EDM -- Flames are six back; Oilers are 18 back, with two games in hand. Edmonton is -- I'm sorry to say -- toast; Flames are still a threat to the Kings. We want: Oilers to win in regulation.
- CBJ v. DET -- Red Wings are 7 points up, with a game in hand. are the Kings going to catch the Wings? Probably not. We want: Blue Jackets to win, I guess. But it doesn't matter much.
- BUF v. STL -- Blues are six points up with two games in hand. Buffalo sucks. We want: Blues to lose.
- OTT v. ANA -- The Ducks are one of a couple of teams that are hotter right now than the Kings. But it doesn't matter. They aren't making the playoffs. We want: Ducks to lose. [UPDATE: Ducks won. Boo.]
- PHI v. NJD -- the more the Devils lose, the more likely Zach Parise will look...elsewhere. We want: Devils to lose. [UPDATE: they did]