Scoring Frenzy; Kings 6, Ducks 4
The Los Angeles Kings and Anaheim Ducks began last night's contest with their feet stuck in the mud, but after the first 10 minutes, the game picked up and the scoring frenzy began. In honor of the 10 total goals scored last night, I present you with 10 bullet points:
- Player of the game was Anze Kopitar. He ended the night with 2 goals, 2 assists, and a +3. He smoked Jonas HIller with his last goal in which he brought out control and patience.
- The defense was lackluster on both sides and their respective goalies were left out to dry.
Jason Blake opened up the scoring in the first period making his own personal statement that he still exists in the NHL.
- Jack Johnson notched 1 goal and 3 assists but didn't round out the night by coming off the bench to acknowledge his third star of the game.
- After a slow start, Dustin Brown got a goal and 4 assists on the night. He's so awesome.
- Did anyone else see Peter Harrold's face plant into the boards of his own volition? I felt bad for laughing uncontrollably, but dude.
- While talking with my friend about how Matt Greene survived being hit by a moving vehicle, on his next shift, he gets checked into the boards and removes the glass between him and the front row.
- I will admit, I was a little excited to see Vesa Toskala only to be kinda disappointed to have Justin Pogge dressed as the backup.
- During warm ups, there were two girls in the front row who were flipping out and giggling whenever Alexander Frolov skated by and looked at them. C'mon people, if you're a female who isn't completely busted, a professional athlete will look at you. Relax.
- The Kings are on an eight-game winning streak with last night's win. Can they extend it to nine against the Detroit Red Wings tomorrow? It's questionable since it's the Wings and we all know what they do to the Kings but let's hope for the best!/