Thursday Kings Links: The Soap Opera Rolls On, So Let's Poach Some More Flyers
- No charges will be brought against Drew Doughty. A few more details plus his lawyer's statement. [AP]
- Unproven goalie Jonathan Bernier for unproven Leafs prospect Matt Frattin? "Overpayment!" [Toronto Sun]
- Colin Fraser's day with the Cup thrills Sylvan Lake. Here's cool video of Fraser's event. [Rebel Rebellion]
- The always-sharp Kevin Westgarth describes his experience last season and his role as an NHLPA rep. [Princeton's Town Topics]
- Can LA's forwards reach the next level after winning the Cup? I don't know about that, but I'm looking forward to shooting percentages going back to normal. [Frozen Royalty]
- Quisp has updated his magnificent Kings Reserve List of all players. [McSorley's Stick]
Around the NHL: Pillaging Your Franchise Edition
- Wild Moneybag Pirate Paul Holmgren heard all you fans complaining about the dull offseason and signed Shea Weber to a $110 million dollar offer sheet. Boom. [On the Forecheck, Broad Street Hockey]
- "Weber to LA" jokes flew around today, but the Flyers will likely have to move some of their young forwards down the road if Weber arrives. Cap strapped as usual. Why not offer sheet Voracek?
- Nashville claimed to have money to spend, and apparently intends to match. Friedman points out that the teams could still barter in exchange for letting Weber go.
- Doan will narrow his list of 6 offers down sometime...but he's still waiting on the Coyotes sale to go through.
- Former waiver bait Kyle Quincey signed with Detroit...and wait, no Weber for them either? Heh.
Questions of the day: What's going to happen with the Weber drama? And which current Flyer will we eventually get?