Why Don't You Find Your Own Kings Prospects News?
Here we are at the Kings pre-playoffs training camp, with nothing much to do. A good time to run down the links I've collected the last couple of weeks, mostly but not entirely prospects-related.
- Jonathan Bernier, in addition to winning all three games he played for the Kings this year, has been named AHL goalie of the year.
- Colten Teubert scored his first professional goal.
- Brayden Schenn "has increased both his goal and point totals in each of his three seasons with the Wheat Kings -- going from 28 goals and 71 points as a rookie to 34 goals and 99 points in 2009-10.
Simply put, he just seems to be getting better and better all the time." (via CANOE -- SLAM! Sports - Hockey NHL - Los Angeles- Best to come for Kings' Schenn)
- Jacob Muzzin played his last juniors game and joined the Manchester Monarchs, getting an assist in his first game. (Beukeboom, Archibald to play on - The Sault Star - Ontario, CA)
- Who is leading the WHL in playoff goals? Who is tied with Brayden Schenn in playoff points? "A mid-November pick-up by Kelowna, Geordie Wudrick has paid big dividends for the Rockets this season. Wudrick notched 19 goals and 34 points in 38 regular season games since arriving in Kelowna and has recorded a League-high nine goals in eight playoff games. Five of those goals this post-season have come on the power play." (Wudrick pays big dividends - www.amshockey.com)
- Nice interview with Colten Teubert: MayorsManor.com: Tuesdays with Teubert.
- Jason Reitman tweets the Kings: "At Kings game sitting behind Rich Clune's mom. It's her first time watching her son play in the NHL. Must feel incredible." (Twitter)
Lastly, some fun random news items:
- "NASCAR and the National Hockey League announced Wednesday they would punish Sprint Cup driver Carl Edwards for hitting Boston center Marc Savard with his No. 99 Ford Fusion stock car late in the third period of Sunday's Penguins-Bruins game, an action that inflicted a Grade 2 concussion and ended Savard's season. 'NASCAR may have announced earlier this season that they would let the drivers drive, but when Carl drove out to the blue line and plowed into Marc's blind side, it was clearly the exact sort of cheap shot the NHL is trying to prevent,' NHL disciplinarian Colin Campbell said during a joint press conference with NASCAR vice president of competition Robin Pemberton. 'We have no choice but to suspend Mr. Edwards for the next three races and the remainder of the NHL regular season.'" (NHL, NASCAR To Punish Carl Edwards For Hit On Bruins' Marc Savard | The Onion - America's Finest News Source)
- "The Raptors medical staff announced Tuesday that Chris Bosh will miss the rest of the season after the inquisitive forward cut open his knee with a steak knife in an effort to look inside and see how the joint works. 'There's a lot more stuff in there than I thought,' said Bosh, who after finishing the surgery attempted to stop the bleeding by wrapping an entire roll of toilet paper around his knee. 'It probably needs all those meaty-looking ropes so it can bend. And look in this pickle jar—I kind of had to use some pressure to get it started turning, but I had no idea that I could unscrew my kneecap. Pretty cool, huh?'" (Chris Bosh Out For Season After Cutting Open Knee To See How It Works | The Onion - America's Finest News Source)
- 'What The Fuck Am I Going To Do With This?' Obama Says While Holding Alabama Jersey | The Onion - America's Finest News Source
And, now, fritter away the day with meaningless shopping:
- Kopitar's peewee card.
- And Quick's.
- And Richardson's.
- And Matt Greene's.
- Um...Joey Mormina game-worn jersey?