10: Kings-Ducks WCSF Game 5 Preview
Los Angeles Kings v Anaheim Ducks (Honda Center)
Time: 7 PM
TV: RDS, TSN, NBCSN
Enemy reading: Anaheim Calling
Ducks (projected) lineup:
Injured: Stephane Robidas, Sheldon Souray, Tim Jackman, Frederik Andersen, Matt Beleskey; Scratched: Mark Fistric, Rickard Rakell, Luca Sbisa
Kings (projected) lineup:
Injured: Willie Mitchell, Robyn Regehr; Scratched: Andy Andreoff, Patrik Bartosak, Kyle Clifford, Derek Forbort, Colin Miller, Scott Sabourin, Nick Shore, Jordan Weal, Brayden McNabb, Andrew Bodnarchuk, Linden Vey, Andrew Campbell, Colin Fraser
- Well, it looks like Kyle Clifford will sit tonight in favor of Jordan Nolan. Clifford played a meager 5:51 in game 4 and saw only one shift in the 3rd period. Nolan hasn't played in a game since game 3 of the Sharks series.
- The Ducks lines are my best guess, although we do know that Perreault will be back and skating with Selanne and Maroon. There is also talk of Tim Jackman getting the call to add some..uh..truculence?...to the Ducks fourth line. If he does get the draw, we will welcome him with open arms.
- The Kings had an optional skate and no line rushes. No word on any change but Sutter did shift his lineup in game 4 a little, moving Richards back onto a line with Jeff Carter. It remains to be seen if these lines will hold up.
- LA got back to their strong possession game on Saturday and even generated quite a few chances, still it was all in all still far from their best-- especially in the 1st period. If they can carry the effort from their last two periods to the start of this one, that would be a very nice.
- ~Fun With Numbers~ from Extra Skater.
- Prediction: Kings win 0 to -1. John Gibson shuts out the Kings again, but Kings win because the Ducks are penalized a goal after Corey Perry gives Jeff Carter a wet willy.