Kings/Preds: Fake Live Blogging Bullets
- Watching on tape-delay.
- I hate those moustaches. I don't care if it's for a good cause. It can't help a team's confidence to look like a bunch of porn actors.
- Bernier got run over. Penalty, good.
- At least they got a shot off. Must shoot low on giant goalie. That's my theory.
- Oh no. Two man advantage. Penalty Jarred Smithson, former King pick.
- Martinez! Nice decoy by Penner, too. No point for him, but Penner made that possible.
- Goal by
Ron Jeremy Doughty! Hammond did say the defense has to score more.
- Clifford - Stoll - Parse is a line tonight. I like that. (Assists by Clifford and Stoll on that goal).
- Clifford - Loktionov - Parse would be better.
- Fox: "Kopitar doesn't have a point. Good news." Agreed. He can't do it all.
- Doughty on Patric Hornqvist. Drew going for a Gordie Howe hat trick? His energy is good tonight.
- Nashville goal. Hmm. Bouncing puck. I don't know who to blame on that one.
- Jack Johnson end to end. I hope he keeps this up all season. Almost snuck that one in.
- I'm pretty sure it's pronounced more-OH, not MORE-oh. Ethan Moreau , I mean.
- That was a loud check by Scuderi on Bergfors. I find it difficult to keep the various Nicholas/Nicolas/Niklas/Niclas/Nicklas spellings straight.
- Bergfors, Lidstrom, Backstrom, Deslauriers, Shore -- mix and match.
- Yes, you can blame Johnson for blowing the second clear, BUT Dustin Brown was out of position when Johnson's first pass came up the boards.
- Nice shot off the post. Can't blame Bernier.
- Williams pass instead of shot.
- Wouldn't it be great if you could trade coaches?
- 2-2. Fast-paced, high scoring. Two by defensemen. I'll take it.
- Lakso blew a tire. Stoll did nothing.
- Nice save by Bernier on Hornqvist.
- Trevor Lewis channels Mike Richards on PK.
- There's Brad Richardson . I feel like I haven't seen him all game.
- I love it when Kopitar drives wide and then cuts back to the net.
- It's USC/UCLA night at Staples? I went to UCLA. My wife went to USC. Why is this worth mentioning? I don't know.
- I would have possibly forgiven Moreau for all of his bone-headed nonsense if he had scored on that break. He even looked a little like Wayne Simmonds on that play.
- I miss Simmonds .
- I think he might even be a better fit as a defensive right wing than Dustin Brown. I'm pretty sure the numbers support that.
- I wonder if we could have gotten Mike Richards for Brown and a lesser prospect instead of Brayden Schenn and Simmonds. Probably not. And it would have ended up being Brown and Loktionov, and I would never stop crying.
- Ooh. Goal by Richards from Brown. Just to make me look bad. Beautiful hard pass, Dustin. I am enjoying my crow.
- Goals by Richards, Martinez and Doughty. Penner needs to get one, as long as we're jump-starting people.
- I think they should make the logo on these jerseys even bigger.
- PENNER! Like I said.
- Okay, it's Simon Gagne. Still, I feel good about that.
- I can't believe they didn't call a penalty on Brown there, on the turnover that led to a scoring chance for the Kings. Weird.
- Not offside. Let's rewind. Never mind. Totally offside by a mile. Good call.
- I almost never see the Kings changing up speed while carrying the puck into the zone.
- Who does Mike Richards look like? I keep thinking it's Giovanni Ribisi but that's not it.
- End of two. Does Kopi have a point yet? Maybe on the Richards goal, but I don't think so. I am agreeing with Jim Fox that this is a good thing.
- Fast-forwarding through intermission...it looks like they're interviewing Bruce Campbell...but it's...
- Brad Norton?
- Doughty lip-reading: "what the **** are you watching?!"
- Lower-body injury for Scott Parse? Uh oh.
- Is that a Greene - Scuderi pairing with 2 minutes left?
- Okay, one goal game. I don't have the energy to parse that one.
- Willie Mitchell looks like an extra from Braveheart. Maybe an attendant of Robert the Bruce.
- Greene could be in Braveheart, too. Or Rob Roy.
- Wow. They got the puck to the net with time. Greene got beaten to the puck.
- A win for Bernier.
- That's it for me. Going to bed. I just realized I forgot to update my fantasy rosters for tonight's games. Grr.
- (Nice loud spit, Drew.)
- Don't know why I'm thinking about movie actors tonight. However. In that interview, it occurred to me that Doughty (who does look like Booger from Revenge of the Nerds), also looks a little like Mark Ruffalo.
Jewels from the Crown is supported by readers like you!
Content is currently free for all readers, but you can help us with business expenses, including pay for our writers, by contributing to our GoFundMe.
Make sure you're following us on Twitter so you never miss any Kings news!