Kings-Ducks Game Preview: It's a Duck Blur
The Kings and Ducks close at the season series at Staples Center, with only one team still chasing a playoff spot.
Los Angeles Kings v Anaheim Ducks (Staples Center)
Time: 8.00 PM
TV: NHL Network, Prime
Enemy reading: Anaheim Calling
Season series: Game 1: Recap, Stats Breakdown | Game 2: Recap, Stats Breakdown | Game 3: Recap
Ducks (projected) lineup:
Injured: Bonino (lower body); Scratched: Dvorak, Holland, Staubitz, Lydman
Kings (projected) lineup:
Injured: Greene (back), Mitchell (knee); Scratched: Martinez, Toffoli
- FREE ALEC MARTINEZ
- SERIOUSLY, FREE ALEC MARTINEZ
- Anaheim comes into Staples Center tonight having dropped their last game against the Avalanche, 4-1. I would mock them for this, but the Kings only managed to Anaheim their way to a shootout victory over the Avs the night after. The Ducks clinched a playoff spot last night with Detroit's loss to Chicago, while the Kings' magic number is something like 9 or 10. Math is hard on a Saturday morning.
- No idea what the goalie situation is for tonight. Guessing Viktor Fasth probably starts after Jonas Hiller got pulled against the Avs. Jonathan Quick was decent against the Avs, and there isn't another game until Tuesday, so I would presume he gets the call again today.
- Also no idea what is going to happen with the defensive pairings. Cam Fowler left the Ducks' last game and now says that he's "just sore" and "day-to-day". If Fowler doesn't play, Toni Lydman will be in for the Ducks. For the Kings, I think it's pretty apparent that the Jake Muzzin & Keaton Ellerby tandem is a bit of a disaster, and Robyn Regehr also had a pretty poor game against the Avalanche.
- Have I mentioned Free Alec Martinez?
- Fun! With! Numbers!:
Kings (4th, West)
15-4-1 20.1 (10th)
Ducks (2nd, West)
41 59 21 +21
11-3-5 21.0 (7th)
- Prediction: Kings win 37-2 because fuck the Anaheim Ducks is why.