Kings Prospect Miscellany
Medicine Hat Tigers - Vey Player of the Week
The Western Hockey League announced today that Medicine Hat Tigers forward Linden Vey is the WHL Player of the Week. Vey picked up nine points, scoring four goals and five assists to go with a +6 rating in three games over the last week, helping the Tigers to a 4-2 series win over the Brandon Wheat Kings in the first round and jump out to a 2-0 series lead over the Red Deer Rebels in the Husky WHL Eastern Conference Semi-Final. [...] Vey, a 19 year old from Wakaw, SK, is playing his fourth season with the Medicine Hat Tigers. The Tigers made him their 2nd round (42th overall) selection at the 2006 WHL Bantam Draft and was selected in the 4th round (96th overall) in the 2009 NHL Draft by the Los Angeles Kings. Vey set career highs in all offensive categories this season and captured the Bob Clarke Trophy as the WHL’s Top Scorer gathering 116 points (46 goals, 70 assists) in 69 games. He also currently leads all scorers in the 2011 WHL Playoffs with 18 points (9 goals, 9 assists) in eight games played.
Monarchs Weekly Report - OurSports Central - Independent and Minor League Sports News
- Right wing Bud Holloway (28-33=61) concluded the season with the team lead in points, having recorded a career-high 61 points in 78 games. Holloway also led the Monarchs squad in goals with 28.
- Center Justin Azevedo (18-35=53) [was second] on the 2010-11 Monarchs squad with 53 points. Azevedo's eight game-winning goals place him in a tie for first in the league in that category alongside left wing Alexandre Giroux of the Oklahoma City Barons.
- Left wing Dwight King (24-28=52) [wrapped] up his season with 52 points in 72 games and third place on the Monarchs. King recorded a hat trick on Friday, March 25 against the Norfolk Admirals, his first three-goal game as a professional [...].
- Defenseman Viatcheslav Voynov's 51 points rank him fourth on the Monarchs and seventh overall in the AHL among blueliners in points. His 15 goals tied him for second among AHL defensemen. Voynov's plus-21 rating leads the Monarchs and is also a career-high.
- Right wing Oscar Moller (23-27=50) placed fifth on the Monarchs squad in points with 50. [...] Moller has six game-winning goals on the season, placing him tied for sixth overall in the league in that category. [...] Moller tied the franchise record for shorthanded goals in a season with four [...].
- Right wing Brandon Kozun (23-25=48) [ended with] 48 points on the season. Kozun's 10 power play goals [was] second among AHL rookies. Kozun's game-winning goal against Springfield on Wednesday, March 16 marked his sixth [...], tying him for second place among the AHL's rookies and tied for sixth in the league. Kozun [was] Reebok/AHL Rookie of the Month [...] for February [...].
- Left wing Rich Clune (8-14=22) [finished] 10th in the AHL with 222 penalty minutes.
- Defenseman Jake Muzzin (3-15=18) [finished] with a plus-20 rating, [...] second on the team and third [among] AHL rookies [...].