Post-Game Bullets: uh oh
| || ||27-Mar ||28-Mar ||29-Mar ||30-Mar ||31-Mar ||1-Apr ||2-Apr ||3-Apr ||4-Apr ||5-Apr ||6-Apr ||7-Apr |
|SJS ||88 || ||ANA ||PHX || ||DAL || || ||DAL || ||LAK || ||LAK |
|DAL ||87 || ||EDM || ||VAN ||SJS || || ||SJS || ||NAS || ||STL |
|PHX ||87 || || ||SJS || ||ANA || || ||CBJ || || ||STL ||MIN |
|COL ||86 || ||VAN || ||CGY || || || || || ||CBJ || ||NAS |
|LAK ||86 || ||CGY || ||EDM ||MIN || ||EDM || || ||SJS || ||SJS |
|CGY ||85 || ||LAK || ||COL ||VAN || || || || ||VAN || ||ANA |
- The remaining schedule breaks down into three sections. (1) before 4/1, (2) 4/2-4/5, (3) 4/6-4/7.
- In considering what needs to happen, I'm working from the following premise: the Kings absolutely cannot go into those last two games with San Jose needing to win both of them.
- The only way the Kings can put themselves in an ideal situation (where they don't need any points) with regard to those San Jose games is if they go 4-0 between now and then.
- Even that (4-0) might not be enough, but it probably would be.
- I think it's reasonable to expect San Jose to win 2 out 3 of its next three games and 2 out of 3 of its last three. That's 96 points.
- I think it's reasonable to expect Dallas to do the same. 2 out of 3, then 2 out of 3. 95 points.
- Phoenix has five games left. Reasonable? 3 out of 5. 93 points.
- Colorado: 3 of 4. 92 points.
- Calgary: 3 of 5. 91 points.
- The Kings will lose the ROW tie-breaker with Dallas, and are tied currently with Phoenix in ROWs.
- LA and Phoenix also tied in the season series -- which means if we end up tied with Phoenix, it will go to goal-differential. The Kings currently have a 12 goal advantage on the Coyotes in GD, so that's reassuring.
- My feeling is, the Kings need to get 94 points.
- And: they need to get at least to 92 by the time we get to the last two games.
- Which means we need six points out of the next four games.
- To pile on with the sports voodoo, I do not want to go into the last three games needing to win 2 of 3.
- So the Kings really need to win the next three games.
- Of course, it would be nice if some of those other teams would go on losing streaks.
- Unfortunately, the Kings are the ones who just dropped two in a row, in regulation.
Jewels from the Crown is supported by readers like you!
Content is currently free for all readers, but you can help us with business expenses, including pay for our writers, by contributing to our GoFundMe.
Make sure you're following us on Twitter so you never miss any Kings news!