Preview, Game Day #57: Los Angeles Kings @ St. Louis Blues
WINNER! TAKE! <strike>ALL</strike> THE RELATIVELY MEANINGLESS SEASON SERIES!
Los Angeles Kings @ St. Louis Blues
Time: 5:00 Pacific
TV: Fox Sports West, Fox Sports Midwest
Enemy Reading: St. Louis Game Time
Los Angeles Kings
Injured: Gaborik Scratched: Shore, Gravel
St. Louis Blues
Injured: Pietrangelo, Ott, Allen Scratched: Paajarvi, Harrold
Stats & Such
(Fancy stats courtesy War on Ice)
|Streak||Lost 2 ||Won 3 |
|Goals Against/Game||2.36 ||2.29|
|ES Goal %||50.6 ||52.8|
| ES Shot % ||54.4||51.5 |
|ES PDO||99.0 ||100.4|
|ES Corsi %||56.4||50.8 |
|ES Fenwick %||55.9||51.2|
|ES Scoring Chance %||55.0||50.0 |
|ES High-Danger SC %||53.8||49.2|
|Power Play % (Rank)||22.7 (3rd) ||20.5 (8th) |
|Penalty Kill % (Rank)||82.1 (10th) ||87.1 (1st) |
|Starting Goalie (today)||Quick||Elliott|
|ES Save %||.925||.923|
- I don't want to cause any alarm, but Anaheim is three points back, and San Jose is four points back with a game in hand. Tonight, the Sharks play Florida (which is good news) while the Ducks play Vancouver (which means you can pencil in their win right now).
- Neither team gives up many goals. The first two games of the season series held true to form; only four non-empty-net goals were scored, total. The first game saw Jhonas Enroth shut out St. Louis in St. Louis, while the second game saw a 2-1 shootout win for the Blues which went seven rounds.
- The Kings face the league's top penalty kill two days after facing the league's top power play. LA did really, really well in defending Washington's PP; can they break St. Louis' PK?
- I am genuinely surprised to learn that Peter Harrold is on the St. Louis Blues. He signed on July 2, 2015, but was waived on September 25 and sent to the Chicago Wolves. When Alex Pietrangelo was injured, Harrold got the call-up, but he hasn't played yet and won't play tonight.
- Vladimir Tarasenko is really, really good.
- Speaking of call-ups: Kevin Gravel will be a healthy scratch tonight. Jamie McBain, who has been better this season than you might think, draws back in.
- PREDICTION: Kings win, Sharks lose, Ducks lose, because we need this right now.