Ripped from the Headlines (Kings, Olympics, playoffs, idiots, what have you)
- According to Team USA coach Ron Wilson, Ryan Miller will start every game. In other words, Jonathan Quick's expected ice-time is zero. Not that this should surprise anyone. (via Olympic Hockey Day One: Miller to Lead USA Today and Everyday - Die By The Blade)
- Jonathan Quick and Ryan Miller have been told to remove slogans and propaganda from their masks. (U.S. goalies ordered to remove slogans | NBC Olympics)
- Must read (although pretty much every post of Joe Pelletier is a must-read): Greatest Hockey Legends.com: Olympic Hockey International Round Table.
- From Bruce Ciskie at NHL Fanhouse: Wily Uwe Krupp, coach of the German team, ponders the three-man advantage.
- The Fifth Feather notices that the Chicago Blackhawks are irresponsible cretins: "So let me get this straight….the Hawks as an organization are perfectly content with having an outside organization decide whether their star player – who’s also signed through the next decade - is ready to play or not after suffering a concussion on Saturday night. Gee, I wonder if the Slovakia medical staff will clear Hossa to play." [I have an alternate theory: if losing to Pittsburgh in the finals doesn't send Hossa to the booby-hatch (thus getting his cap hit off the books), maybe they're looking to concuss him into an early retirement.] (via Joel Quenneville admits he knows nothing about the human brain " Fifth Feather)
- The Detroit News reports that Ken Holland completely agrees with me about how many points it will take to get into the playoffs. (via Red Wings face uphill playoff-qualifying battle | Snapshots - MLive.com)
- Guess who the Hockey News has at NUMBER TWO in its power rankings. That should fill any true Kings fan with unspeakable dread.
- Paul at Kukla's Korner reads my mind about an available rental nobody is mentioning much.