Kings 2 or 3, Sharks 0 -- Post-Game Bullets
- It seemed pretty clear to me, especially on the replay from behind Brown and Voynov, that Voynov kicked, then Brown's stick went under Voynov's foot, then Brown's stick (not Voynov's foot) hit the puck. I'm not being a homer. That's just what it looked like to me.
- The refs told Terry Murray the replay was inconclusive? Er, what? Don't any of these people follow hockey? That means the call on the ice stands.
- Jonathan Quick and his posts saved this game from behind lopsided the wrong way.
- I can't believe the Sharks didn't score on at least one of the several power-plays the Kings delivered on a silver platter.
- My opinion on the effect of Murray's new lines: (1) Trent Hunter killed the first line, (2) Jarret Stoll on the wing gets penalties, (3) Kyle Clifford - Andrei Loktionov - Justin Williams, which I said I loved on paper, was a Frankenstein's monster, (4) the fourth line was good. Who was on it again? Ethan Moreau - Colin Fraser - Kevin Westgarth? Okay, maybe keep that one. Or not. Because:
- Dustin Penner is back on Thursday. What should the lines be? My opinion:
Simon Gagne - Anze Kopitar - Williams
Dustin Brown - Mike Richards - Stoll
Penner - Loktionov - Trevor Lewis
Clifford - Fraser - Brad Richardson
- What do I think the Kings will do?
Penner - Kopitar - Williams
Gagne - Richards - Brown
Moreau - Stoll - Hunter
Clifford - Fraser - Westgarth
- I bet they send Loktionov to Manchester. I hope not. But I bet they do.
- Instead, I would keep him up and put him on the power play, in place of, oh I don't know, TRENT HUNTER (???!!!???).