Some Quick (I mean fast, not Jon) Thoughts
- Kopitar's line against the Sedins is a bad idea. (That's Anze Kopitar and Daniel Sedin and Henrik Sedin, Mr Auto-Tag and Link.)
- Kopitar's line with Sean O'Donnell and Matt Greene out against the Sedins with the game tied late in the third is a terrible idea. I would have to go back and look, but I'm betting the Michal Handzus line and Drew Doughty had just come off. I understand. Call a time-out. (yes, hindsight is 20/20.)
- Randy Jones made a great save. He was a +1.
- I think (will confirm) that Jones and Fredrik Modin were the only plus Kings.
- Can't allow three goals in the 3rd and expect to win.
- 37 shots against. We lose. Game one: 47 shots against, we lose. Shots against need to be under 30, tops. I said 27 before, and I'll stick with that.
- A game of inches, bounces, whatever. I can't really point to any one scapegoat.
- I do think, though, the pace of the game has to be slowed down. Run and gun with the Canucks is not something I'm interested in.
- Roberto Luongo made some Luongo saves. The one on the Dustin Brown deflection. I think there was one other big one. That was bound to happen sooner or later.
- Luckily, we're headed back to Vancouver, where he can freak out again.
- And the Kings can refocus. I do love the road.
- If the crowd energy was an asset in game three, I think the very same energy nudged the Kings over the edge tonight. Too much running around. Loss of control.
- Had to fast-forward through Bettman. Just couldn't look at it. But read what he had to say later, and agreed with him in transcribed form.
- It's a three game series now. I don't think home ice means **** now. The Kings are less nervous. The Canucks are less choky. Ought to be interesting.
- Did the Kings lack killer instinct tonight? Or is that just something that's easy to say afterward? Don't know.
Jewels from the Crown is supported by readers like you!
Content is currently free for all readers, but you can help us with business expenses, including pay for our writers, by contributing to our GoFundMe.
Make sure you're following us on Twitter so you never miss any Kings news!